This is one of my husband’s all time favorites. Great dish for our warm summer season.
• 2 cups finely sliced purple cabbage (one small cabbage will be more than plenty)
• 2 cups finely sliced green cabbage (one small cabbage will be more than plenty)
• 2 cups shredded carrots (I used store-bought shredded organic carrots)
• 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• Up to 3⁄4 cup roasted & salted pepitas
• 1⁄4 cup olive oil
• 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
• 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
• 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1. In a medium serving bowl, combine the prepared purple and green cabbage, carrots and parsley.
2. To make the dressing, in a small bowl, combine the olive oil with 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Add the garlic, cumin and salt and whisk until thoroughly blended.
3. Drizzle the dressing over the slaw and toss until all of the ingredients are lightly
coated in dressing. Taste and add an additional tablespoon of lemon juice if the slaw needs a little more zip.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate to marinate for up to several hours.